All Cubs will be given a Cub’s Club Backpack full of little goodies to entertain and educate them about the African Bush. Rock Lodge is ideal for families with children as this is where the Ulusaba Cub’s Club is based.
Cubs have their very own amenities in the room, just like their parents do, and Ulusaba provides a fantastic range of kids’ products. In every Cub’s room there will be a personal welcome letter and a special introduction to their stay with a health & safety briefing specifically aimed at younger guests.
Here are some of the activities your ‘cub’ might get up to…
- A welcome treasure hunt to help Cubs familiarise themselves with their surroundings.
- Your Cubs will explore their Arts and Crafts ability with coloured sand art and an afternoon of rock painting.
- A great range of new and classic children’s DVDs, CDs and a Nintendo Wii to keep your Cubs busy.
- Cubs are able to enjoy the swimming pool with an experienced swimmer to supervise afternoon pool activities and enjoy ice-cream to re-energise.
- A wide variety of educational board games, puzzles and ‘Big 5’ playing cards, all with a safari theme.
- Traditional South African kids’ games which they can teach their friends when they get home.
- A mini Ranger’s course where your Cub’s Ranger will teach them about the African bush and how to track and identify animal footprints and dung droppings.
- All Cubs will be invited to join the Pen Pal Club
- Safari walks around Rock Lodge to spot birds, insects, lizards and anything else your Cub may find.
- Bedtime story-telling complete with milk and cookies, or whatever normally helps get your cubs ready for bed!
- Allow your cubs to become a safari master chef with a morning of creating and cooking homemade pizzas for lunch and cupcakes for guests to enjoy at tea.
- Cubs and their folks are encouraged to visit the community so kids can learn about giving back and to see how different the lifestyles are in the community.
- The Ulusaba Cub’s spa treatments will ensure that your Cub is able to unwind after a busy day with a variety of specially designed treatments for children.
KIDS GO FREE!
Take the whole family on a safari and one child can stay for free!
Bring the kids (known to us as ‘Cubs’) to Ulusaba for a family safari like no other. Up to one child aged from 0 – 11 years can stay at Ulusaba for free, that’s saving of ZAR 7,500 per child per night! Valid 15th January – 21st December 2020. Learn More